Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Ponderings #32


Dear fellow travelers,

Thanks again for being who you are!!

In all honesty I had had two yin and yang weeks. A lot of good (then everything is good, when we look closely at it) and then those challenges.

It seemed like I had information coming from many directions that I allowed to upset me and take me off my center.

I had to go back to most of my tools that I had learned over the years to really be able "to change my thoughts", to get back to the peace and calm that I aspire to.

I wrote gratitude lists of the wonders around me and the wonderful experiences I had had over the same time period. That really helped. There was so much to be grateful for!!!

The things I observed about me during those last few weeks, is that I allowed myself to be abrupt, and agitated with other people. Not a good thing for me to do.

Then I remembered, something we all know, that when other people are acting and being in the same way, maybe not as kind as we would like them to be, and they are allowing themselves not to have a great day; then this is when I need to be kinder to them instead of letting them push my buttons-- they may need more kindness not less.

This is an opportunity for me to show caring, no one really knows what is going on behind the masks we sometimes allow ourselves to wear.

I also allowed myself to find out, that when I really was letting my humanness come forth in not great ways, my good friends loved me anyway. Wow, imagine that!!

And guess what, hills do follow valleys!!!

I just needed to turn all my not so great imaginations and thoughts over to the"higher power", get myself out of the way, and to center on peace again.

Fall is beautiful, people are beautiful, we all are beautiful, even when we allow and maybe because we allow, our flaws to come forth to be looked at and changed.

We are all in process, never ending evolution, and its all good. I just always need to remember that and focus on the good.

Just Pondering on being human

Linda Patton RScP ENTC


 

No comments:

Post a Comment