Monday, March 4, 2013

Ponderings #39


Dear fellow travelers,
Thank you again for your responses. Gladly, I am back!! Almost adjusted to the cold, I know its not as cold here as in some places, and I do have it good!! Agreed!!
One thing that I have always marveled about is LIFE itself.
From my limited knowledge of physics etc, what I have gleamed is that ALL LIFE is made of the same elements. I find this fascinating. Interesting..
Element # Abbr. Name
1 H Hydrogen
6 C Carbon
7 N Nitrogen
8 O Oxygen
15 P Phosphorus
16 S Sulfur
For we novices, An Element is also called an Atom, or a Particle. It has been stated that in this
"." dot, there are as many atoms as there are seconds in 10 billion years!! Now, I cant actually wrap my mind around that. You scientists, is that true??
The shadow of an atom was actually photographed in 2012. Much process to do this.
Now since we as alive humans are made out of the same elements as animals, and yes those insects, the only difference is in the number and arrangements of those elements. And yes to go a step further, plants being living entities are also made of the same six elements. They just have a different molecular structure from humans and animals.
Now to even go a step further, the question to me is? Is the upholstered cotton couch, made from once alive cotton plants, the wooden desk, the table and chair, made from once, alive trees, and those baskets made from once alive vines, could they still be alive in some fashion? Could their billions and billions of atoms still be spinning around in their tiny universes?
Is all interconnected in some mystical integrated way?
Does this awareness tend to make me more conscious of all that is around me.
Do I treat my possessions a little better. Thinking they could still have some form of life. Just really pondering.
Is this tooo much pondering??
What do you think??
Just pondering on the possibilities of Life
Linda Patton, ENTC

No comments:

Post a Comment