Thursday, April 18, 2013

Ponderings #41


Dear fellow travelers,
Thank you again for being you. What a gift you are.
I have been reflecting on a class in which I am involved.
Its focus is on being real, this translates into being your real self, feeling safe to express your real feelings, allowing yourself to say, with love, what you really think and feel. To express your real emotions with appropriate.
Just think how great that would be in all situations, to be able to say:
I don't like this or that, or I don't really want to do this or that.
How freeing!!! It would be for me anyway.
Even thru I think I do that,
When I really think about it, I find myself still avoiding being totally honest in some situations, and what's that from?? Feeling I wouldn't be accepted or liked or causing people to talk. or thinking that its not that important anyway.
---
Thinking more into it. People are going to talk anyway if they choose.
Wow, this isn't that easy for me. A lot to digest.
We as women were trained to be giving, and accepting and .
ignoring our own wants for others: and maybe not even knowing what our wants are.
Wow again.
I know sometimes when I say what I think, guilt creeps in that I may have upset someone.
even thru I intellectually know I cant make anyone feel a certain way.
I really have some stuff to work on.
Freedom is what I want.
How is this for you, how often do you say or do what you truly want to say or do?
Just pondering on being real
Rev Linda Patton ENTC

No comments:

Post a Comment