Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ponderings #18

Dear fellow travelers,

I am grateful for your continued support, suggestions, and comments. You are a blessing to me.

The words "Appreciation" and "Gratitude" seem to be coming to me in waves, from you, my readings, and from many other sources.

Appreciation is, yes, to me another word for approval and approval from others is a risky business, because no one is always going to approve of you or me all the time (self-approval is optimal)....... but I admit, to hear, or to read, from someone else,  that I am appreciated does make my heart dance and it does feel good!
I believe everyone likes to know from others that they matter and that they are appreciated.

I overheard a store staff meeting the other day. It was filled with appreciative, upbeat, supportive comments. I didn't hear any phases like "you should", or "you must". There was much focus placed on how to appreciate the customer. I had a great feeling about how good the employees probably feel working with such supportive management.

Another great memory I have is of a women who founded an organization of which I was a founding member. To me she was one of the greatest visionaries I have personally known. She was amazing. After speaking to someone for a few minutes, she could direct them to their perfect position, empower them, shower them with constant accolades, appreciation and respect. She also walked her talk, before computers, she stayed up late at night, writing grants and talking to people around the country. Needless to say this is now an acclaimed, sought after internationally respected organization. This, to me, has much to do with the people thriving on being noticed and appreciated, thus willing to go that extra mile to accomplish the vision.
She transitioned a few years ago, but her vision remains. I am in great gratitude for knowing her.

I know what I have written so far is not everyone's experience at this moment. And for that I am saddened.
I hear from many people, who tell me that they are not in a fulfilling or satisfying work and or personal relationship and how difficult it is and how diminished they feel.

In the valleys along my path, I have been in similar situations. Fortunately I have managed to change the situation and me--, or just changed me and stayed--, or changed me and moved on. ---I didn't say it was easy. Just possible.

My spiritual and emotional health is my top priority. If I am depleted in these areas, I don't have the energy to give to others, and my own physical health also suffers.

One thing I don't want to ever do is to move out of a situation without evaluating all aspects of it known to me, and change within me what I need to change...because not to engage in that process means I most likely will fine myself again in a similar situation just under a different name.. I didn't say it was easy, but important!!

I also need to be clear within myself about what I do want ( or something better), do the action steps and the work involved, and then let go and allow what I want to evolve and manifest...... It happens, and it has happened....Honest!!
I also need to remember that sometimes an unhappy or unhealthy situation can provide clarity and contrast for what I really want.
And for that I am grateful. There is always something to be grateful for.

Never give up!!! There is always a solution. There are a multitude of fulfilling careers, jobs and relationships. The universe is unlimited potential and abundant in all areas. Anything and everything is possible. Believe it!!!
And if you think you didn't success, as the saying goes, Try again!!
And always claim your power.
We are all powerful, sometimes we just allow our light to get a little dusty. So lets shake off that dust and lets always let our lights shine!!!!!
Life is for living and having fun. Let's make the most of it!!

What do you appreciate?
What are you grateful for?

Just pondering on appreciation and gratitude,
Linda Patton, RScP, ENTC
http://Ponderings-everyday-spirituality.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment