Friday, March 30, 2012

Ponderings #19

Dear fellow travelers,
Thank you for your constant support.

I have heard lately from so many people who seem to be going thru great challenges, that I was called to share an old Pondering that I wrote many years ago. It still seems appropriate for many of us today.

I have written about life's path, to me, being similar to hills and valleys. I know when we fine ourselves in some valleys, they may seem to be far deeper and longer than others, and since we are all one, we all at one time or another experience both the hills and valleys. But sometimes when we are in the valleys, for what ever our challenge may be, it may seem that we may never get out.. but have faith....There is a promise....

From my old Pondering:
I had the 23th Psalm repeating thru my mind all week.

Part of one verse says,
Yea, though I WALK THROUGH the valley ----

I had never before focused on the word WALK. It doesn't say lay down, stay , sit down, or even run.
 It simple says, WALK, take time.
I'm sure we can also while walking, meditate,  think, and learn, so there may be no need to repeat the same valley again, but we do need to....

MOVE and take ACTION. WALK is an action word. 
Do what ever the appropriate action is for us to do.

And the next word is THROUGH--it doesn't say circle around, or stay in the valley, it says WALK THROUGHT it.
And as we are walking, we are moving thru the valley to the hill.

Honest!! we are!!    I didn't say it was easy, and sometimes the hill may not easily be seen, but it is there, waiting for us.

We must have the faith.
We are the ones to learn and to teach others.
We are here to learn and to teach, and we are each others teachers.

And thank you for being mine.
I am always learning. and always grateful for what I learn. I didn't say it was easy.
Some lessons are more difficult than others for me. But necessary.

Just Pondering,
Linda Patton, RScP, ENTC

No comments:

Post a Comment