Saturday, October 19, 2013

Ponderings #55

Dear fellow travelers,
  Thank you all for your wonderful comments.
When I started for a brief time writing Ponderings ten years ago,  it was to me rather innovative.  But since then there has been an explosion of new spiritual writers and  and of course the very creative and inspirited icon writers.   I receive daily over face book and by email many ,many wonderful inspirational messages,  so for you to continue to read mind, to me is awesome!! 
  Someone asked me a year ago, "How do you find Peace?"  Well, Peace we don't need to find,  we just need to be quiet, go within and reveal it.  Because our true nature is Peace.  as well as Joy and Love  and many other qualities that are innate.

 However,  there is a small watercolor picture on my desk, that I was given from a friend that belonged to her mother.  It is of a serene farm scene, with a barn and silo in the background.  For some reason, it seems quiet and represents to me a peaceful place,  and I can imagine the people working on the farm.
 I felt an extreme amount of Peace this summer ,when I was on an art outing at a small old family farm, when I was talking to the women who still owned the farm.  She was in her late 80's.  Her house didn't look modern or up to date in any fashion. It had been added onto several times,  the floors were different elevations,  the sink was  the old and chipped porcelain or older times,  with corn laying on the side of it.  However,the house was worn with Love, and she radiated this warmth! and spoke in a soft calm voice with  much love for her home and its memories.  She was Peace and at Peace, content and it embraced me.

  Sometimes those qualities we ask for are right in front of us and in us but we may miss them...as referenced in an email I received last week....
  A man whispered,  "God, speak to me".  and a mockingbird sang.
 but he didn't listen.  and the man yelled again,  "God, speak to me!"  and thunder rolled across the sky.  But he did not listen.
 The man looked around and said, "God, let me see you!", and the sun peeked out from behind the clouds,  but the man did not pay attention.
The man shouted, " Show me a miracle!" and a baby was born.  But he did not notice.
And the man cried out "Touch me God, and let me know you are here!"
A butterfly landed on the man's arm, and he brushed it away, and walked on.
The man hollowed, "God, I need your help!!" and a person walked past him and smiled,  and the man walked on in despair. 
 We are blessed in every moment,  we just need to notice, listen, and see.
Everything is a blessing!  We just need to believe!!  and when we don't believe because some things are difficult to ever imagine them as blessings,  we need to believe even more, because  there is one, if not more than one, such as a lesson to learn, a movement to start,  an inner awareness to bring to the forefront. A higher cause ,    Something is a blessing.....we just need to believe.

How do you find Peace?   What is a blessing to you that you never in a million years would at the time had ever thought it could be?

Just Pondering on Peace and Blessings

Rev Linda Patton  ENTC






No comments:

Post a Comment