Friday, December 20, 2013

Ponderings #60

Dear fellow travelers,
  Wow, so many responses to the last Ponderings on "Sayings",  ..thank you
 
  In this time of the year of  "good cheer", I am asking myself, "What can I do that would bring myself more cheer?"  Please don't misread this..... I am happy, probably the happiest ever,   but there is as,   I move up the ladder of happiness, I realize there is always more....more Peace, more Understanding, more Love  there is always room for more.
 
Then it came to me...
  With the buried of the miraculous Nelson Mandela...the man who lived for 27 years in a prison and harbored no ill feelings toward his captures and became president of his country...
  The Amish who several years ago took food to the family of a man who had shot several of their children in a one room schoolhouse...
  To the Dalai Lama when asked if he held bad feelings toward the Chinese said, "No, why should I give them my mind as well?"
  and many many more people who are the ultimate to me..forgivers........
 
   I could choose to really forever, forgive those infraction and situations that I have chosen to hold onto for whatever reason.  I could say I don't have anyone or anything to forgive....but that just isn't so.  It shows up every now and then, as I feel myself bite my tongue, or I go over a situation later.
 
  As one person I know says.  "If you are still alive,  you still have forgiveness work to do."   We are never thru,  everyday something happens that could push a button or two. and shows us how far we have come and may need to go.....oh yea...we need to still go further..or at least I need to.  and yes, forgiveness work Releases us!! 
 
   This Releases us to be of good cheer,  great cheer....Forgiveness is a great KEY.
   A gift to myself...Just to LET IT GO..forgive..  whatever it is, how difficult it may seem to be or do,  Is it a memory, something that was live changing..or someone's else's stuff?.
Whatever it was and is,  however painful it was or is...Forgiveness, ever how difficult, is  Freeing,  and we are here to be Free. and live in Peace.
Peace on Earth  thru Forgiveness... 
 
     This is a gift to ourselves, good cheer,  and ultimately to each other and the world.
 
   HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY SEASON,  and Year..
 
   And for those of you going thru personal sad challenges or loses,  You are truly not alone,  Love and light is with you.  wraps you and holds you thru those sad feelings. 
 
  Just Pondering on good cheer thru forgiveness
 
  Rev Linda,  ENTC
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment