Monday, December 26, 2011

Ponderings #11

Ponderings #11

Everyday Spirituality
Dear fellow travelers,
The Thanksgiving festivities are over; the dishes are clean and the house is now quiet. I am spending time reflecting; and I can honestly say that you are my most cherished blessing. You, who trust me with your private thoughts and dreams. I honor that gift.
You are also an inspiration to me.
Yesterday, while cleaning up, I found an old newspaper cartoon clipping, it was of a little caterpillar saying to a dog, "I had a dream that I could fly".
If this little caterpillar was told in that moment that his dream would be a reality, do you think he would believe it? or would he doubt it?
A week ago I took myself on a short retreat, I read, journaled, and visioned. (to vision, if you are in question, is setting an intent, such as "What is the highest outcome of my retreat ?" without a predetermined agenda, and then you meditate, and write down everything you see or hear, Yes, everything! -- I trust I wrote a good general description, there are classes on this process)
One image that I saw, I must say I doubt or question its possibility. Do you think I have some human work to do to believe and imagine and not doubt? One is not to question the "How" just believe.
Part of the vision process is to list what would have to be released to have it manifest.
I would have to release doubt and not believing in the potential, and embrace that the possibility that all things visioned or imagined are possible. That I can also fly, like the caterpillar is to do one day. We all can.
Since I am (up until, now, somewhat of a perfectionist) I can just go back a few days to my doubts about Thanksgiving dinner turning out just fine. At 12:30 the pre-baked turkey was picked up and it was still partially frozen, Yes, I did what I would caution you not to do. I panicked!! -- What!!-- yes, I did for a brief time. But at 4;00 with a house full of people laughing and having a wonderful time, the turkey was ready with all the trimmings. It was a joyous time.
Lesson learned, ask more questions up front, Don't panic, and don't doubt, everything is in perfect order.
I trust you would have handled it with more ease.
Since our life's here are finite in relative terms, after all the earth is millions of years old, how we choose to live our life's, moment to moment is our choice! Every challenge, every situation is an opportunity to decide--do I handle this was grace and love or with worry, anger and doubt, or at different moments, differently. This is our choice!
Do we need to trust in the process more, doubt less, accept more, live one day at a time?
Everything is in perspective, for some of us, past situations in life may be used as a barometer on what is deemed important enough to fret about, if anything.
One person has told me that once you lose a child, nothing else is worth the energy of becoming upset.
Everyone's challenges are important to them. But at some point all challenges will be a memory, how we choose to remember it, is also our choice.
I had a boss who frequently said, "Will this be important five years from now?"
This question took the anxiety out of most issues.
Fear of the unknown, maybe what is keeping us from flying, and it also keeps us imprisoned,--- shackled !
Many of us may do the same routine everyday to help keep us away from the unknown. Keep us in our comfort zone. Lets release doubt and worry and just be willing to move out of our comfort zones. Lets allow ourselves to fly, to soar and be open to possibilities.
Just suppose the unknown is something magically wonderful, like the butterfly?
Would that be worth, taking charge of our lives and releasing the doubts and worry we may have of the unknown?
Allowing ourselves to float in the darkness until the light appears? It always does.
Our lives are finite, at sometime we will all be watching over others as we are watched over now, but until then we have choice as to how we live the life's we have.
Let us live every moment with grace and peace, releasing everything other than that.
Miracles happen, every breath is a miracle.
You have touched someone with yours. Believe it!!!!!!!!!! Live in the moment and don't be afraid of the dark, or doubt, and fly.! Lets allow ourselves to live in this mystery of the great unknown.
Focus on the caterpillar with an unimaginable dream that is to be a reality. Believe!!
Do we need to release anything to fly?
What are we not allowing ourselves to do to reach our dreams?
Are we choosing to live in grace, love, and peace?
Just Pondering,
Linda
RScP, ENTC

No comments:

Post a Comment