Monday, December 26, 2011

Ponderings #5

Dear fellow travelers,
I am in great gratitude that you trust me with your thoughts and concerns. I do pray for the highest and best for all outcomes and for your loved ones.
Currently, I have several friends that are experiencing health challenges. And all Pronderings #5are going thru their challenges with much grace, courage, strength, and optimism and holding up the spirits of those around them. I admire their attitudes, these "lights" are very special to me.-- My mentors.
We all at one time or another have challenges, I admit, I sometimes have questioned "Why?" this person? I don't question the "Why" anymore, because we all have our own paths to follow. And we can learn from others. Their gifts to us.
I know we are each other's teachers and when I choose to learn from the challenges of some one else, I am a better person. I can love more, extend myself more, and I can choose to view my world from a higher vibration al level (an Abraham Hicks teaching).
I have been taught that my early life experiences have created my concept of life, these early thought patterns (beliefs) have created my perception of what life is.
When a challenge happens to me, if I go to "Ain't it awful!" I can go to "What is my lesson in this, and how can I do it better or different?" This is possible with much introspection and willingness to change my beliefs and view situations and people differently, and to forgive others and myself.
I didn't say it was easy to change concepts and belief systems, but it is possible.
One concept of my life, is that I have always felt protected, I remember,
(interesting how my thoughts go way back) when I was involved with race cars. Before electronic technology, people were next to the race tracks, me being one of them.
I would at times "flag", stand by a turn and hold up a colored flag which signaled a driver to "go", "oil", or "stop".
One time a car hit the wall at top speed and spun across the track, parts flying, and cars were veering at great speeds to get out of the way. It never occurred to me to run, or even move. I felt Protected.
I can hear you say "What!! you are just sounding naive."
But reviewing it and other situations, I have asked myself why didn't I feel scared? I, just again, felt "Protected". I view most challenges in my life from that perspective. It is not an up front conscious thought of this wont happen to me, because to me, its not the challenge now as much as the way I handle it.
And I do know that whatever challenges I have, it is exactly what it needs to be so I can continue to grow and learn. I still have much to learn. And I am glad you are my teachers.
However, that sense of being protected has never left me, and I trust spirit is always guiding me thru what I need to learn and to do. I have dropped the "Why".
A few other people and how they view life came to my mind.
Many years ago, I was at a weekend conference, and Saturday night over the loud speaker came the announcement that Israeli Prime Minister Rabin (a man of peace)
had been assassinated. The next morning a Rabbi was the speaker and he began his talk with, "What a wonderful time to die, after you had completed your vision", and then he went on with his speech.
I thought how gracious his comment was! and what is my vision?
My former co worker and friend who transitioned a few months ago was a wonderful, and fun grandfather, father, and husband. A good friend to many.
I was wondering if I had asked him what his vision for his life had been; he probably would have laughed and said, "Well!, take care of the old family, you know, check out the horses at the track, just hang loose, do a little gardening, this and that."
A pretty good vision I think: Take care of what needs to be taken care of, have fun, don't worry, and laugh. Laugh a lot!!!
Life is a gift.
How do you view your life; what do you think you are teaching others?
What have others taught you?
Do you have a vision for your life? How's it going?
How do you handle your challenges, do you learn from them?
Just Pondering,
Talk to you soon.
Linda
Practitioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment